As software applications continue to become more integrated and compatible, you must be proficient in a variety of these applications to be successful in today's office environment. You may need to use a database file to check inventory, create a spreadsheet to organize and analyze financial data, design slides for a meeting, or communicate your progress to your work group.
Through this Chancellor's Certificate program, you will develop these computer skills and learn to use spreadsheet, database management, and office productivity software.
You'll learn to:
- Design databases that efficiently store, analyze, and retrieve information. Learn the proven techniques to increase the usefulness of your database in looking for summary information and generating reports.
- Create spreadsheets to input and organize data. Learn how to automate your work, prevent errors, and make data entry easier. Discover the design and analysis features that will increase your efficiency.
- Work with software that covers a range of productivity functions. Manage complex projects, create diagrams and slides for presentations, pursue advanced word-processing skills, or convert files into Web-ready documents.
- Database - 26 hours
- Spreadsheets - Minimum of 19.5 hours
- Office Productivity - Minimum of 19.5 hours
- Electives - Complete 13 hours from any classes listed above that have not already been applied to another category.